Non-Profit CPA Manager – Full Time
Come be part of our team.
Are you looking for a better work/life balance? Or thinking about returning to work after a break? Bay Business Group is a unique and successful Falls Church, VA accounting firm. We have a history of growth in our 20+ years, with staff tenure averaging 7 years, and with more than a third of our staff on board for 10+ years. We specialize in serving small businesses and non-profit organizations in the Mid-Atlantic region. We use a systematic approach to partner with our clients where we provide a package of services which includes monthly accounting, tax planning and preparation, payroll and business advice. In essence, we help small business owners and non-profit leaders be better organized, helping them grow and be more profitable while helping them save on taxes and meet their mission goals.
What this job is NOT:
• Overtime and overworked
• Punching the clock
• Sink or swim without training
• Working by yourself
What this job IS: Serving small business clients and non-profit organizations year-round.
• Surrounded by staff accountants and great teams
• Production incentives to decide how much you want to work and what you want to make.
• Collaborative and supportive team atmosphere
• Continuous learning and improvement
• Review monthly financial reports for your group of clients
• Build client relationships and communicate with monthly calls/emails
• Supervise bookkeepers in monthly production
• Prepare 990s and supervise audits
• Provide tax planning and advice
• Assist and manage new client implementations
Qualifications: CPA license or EA designation
• Minimum 5 years of non-profit accounting experience. 2+ years of public accounting experience.
• Good working knowledge of financial statements, Quickbooks Pro and Quickbooks Online
• 3 years of significant tax compliance experience (preparation of 990s); 1040, Business Returns (S-Corp, C-Corp, Partnerships, etc.).
• Non-profit Audit Support
• The ideal candidate will have significant computer experience, as we are a paperless office, heavy on the technology side.
If you’d like to learn more, please forward your resume to [email protected]. No phone calls, please.