Articles like this make me sick!
You read them and say – Damn, if I only bought 1000 shares of priceline five year ago (yes I spoiled it) – I’d be rich …
The problem is how would you have know ? Â The answer- there isÂ no way possible to know.
Even worse what if you had picked :
Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac or Lehman Brothers
Â Â Â Â Â The Best Stock of the Past 5 Years
Â We believe that:
- Investment market forces are far to complex to be fully understood, predictable, or exploited by anyone over the long-term.
- Investors can reduce the market losses produced by normally recurring market adjustments by using modern, proven theories of portfolio management.
- Asset allocation across a broad range of investments such as stocks, bonds, real estate and alternative investments like commodities will reduce the “volatility” of returns.
- By incorporating a strategy of asset management using a fee-based professional advisor rather than a commissioned-based Wall Street agent, the investor can turn investment and retirement futures into achievable plans.
- The key to creating wealth in a portfolio is not having the best strategy at any point in time but in having a sustainable strategy over the long term.
- Once wealth has been created, then there is a need to protect it.
Â David Bradsher, CPA Â is aÂ Washington DC / NorthernÂ VirginiaÂ area CPA who works with small business owners and non profit leaders on a monthly basis to provide them with guidance and advice on how to grow their organizations, minimize their tax liabilities andÂ increase their bottom line.